Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Like A Shepherd, Lead Us

Read John 10 and Ezekiel 34:11-16

Let God go first.
The good shepherd leads his sheep, not follows them.
The good shepherd knows where the dangers can be found.
The good shepherd knows where  the good pastures are.
Know that the enemy must go through the shepherd first!

Take us in and lead us out.
Come in by faith, into His salvation and fellowship.
Go out in service.
Jesus is the door, no one goes in except through Him.
You must go in before you can ever go out!  (see Psalms 121:8)

In following, we find freedom.
Abandon yourself all who enter - and gain life.
He will prove himself and save us. (Hosea 2:14-15)
Trouble to become our hope.
Freedom is found in living in Jesus, not the world's LIBERTY.

(I prepared this over a month ago and am just now getting around to posting it.  In finally doing so, I am struck at how telling this text is to a situation I am aware of and should it be read, that they would consider the picture of sheep, shepherd and their current life. I am so startled by the comparison I want to call and hop and down and explain.  But, I guess that will be God's job......)

No comments: