Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday School

I have been a bit at wits end this school year.  I have two post high school kids, whom are doing fine in class, one high schooler whom is fine as well, but the rest of the class has severe problems in reading!  I have been having to explain meaning of English words to kids whom have lived their whole lives here however have never mastered reading!  ARGH!

But that is not the only problem this year.  The kids are also the most immature I have ever had.  It is like some aspect of growing up has been severe hampered in their lives and so I am also having to devote a third of each class to addressing basic life questions and behaviors which should have disappeared in Junior High at the latest!

The hardest one to address is a young woman, whom would fancy herself as a future daughter of mine, however I need to figure out how to tell her gently about self respect, self worth and when to tell an abusive young man to take a hike.  Yeah, my son......

No comments: