Monday, May 17, 2010

Internet 'Love'

I am so frustrated right now I could just scream!  In fact, I think I might just because!

So, one of 'my girls' from back home, whom has spent way to much time on internet chat sites, has met 'Mr. Right'.  And she just told me over lunch that she is on her way to his open arms this week.  Nothing could possibly convince her that he is not Mr. Right, nor that this is a really bad decision.  A mutual friend traveling with her insisted they come to see me first.

Oh yeah, did I mention that she is married to the last Mr. Right?  And, as far as her Christian witness is concerned, well, she guesses she is no longer a Christian if it comes to Mr. Wrong vs Mr. Right.

You best believe I am praying up a storm over this matter but she has no interest in any form of discussion.  Sigh.....

I have seen this happen so many times it is almost impossible to count.  Problem is, when  you are God's child and called by Jesus' name, your life is no longer your own.  When you choose to flaunt your sin in God's and everyone else's face, God will not deal nicely with you.  Just think of Corinthians and the man whom was to be turned over to the world that his flesh maybe destroyed yet his soul saved.....

Yeah, I have SEEN this happen with my own eyes.  God's correcting hand is not gentle when you are going to suffer your way home, to find Him waiting for you at the end.

Please pray for this young lady, her husband and her family (all Christians) whom are appalled by her behavior and openness to sin.  And pray mostly for her hardness of heart to be broken.....

2 comments:

Robin said...

I am sorry to say I have lived this one...stupid enough to think "the grass was really greener", only to find out after destroying relationships and my family that the grass on the other side was WEEDS. I will pray for this woman, the same way many prayed for me, to be severely burdened by the Lord to turn and do the right thing.
I thought doing the selfish thing was right for a short time. I was deceived. I pray she seeks Godly counsel and God softens her heart regarding the truth of what she is choosing.

KJP said...

Keep up those prayers! God will respond in however fashion and whatever timing he chooses.

And I am sorry you too had to live through this, but the wisdom you gained is an excellent witness to those so intentioned!