Tuesday, January 12, 2010

China


Do you remember when Mulan came out?  I took my kids to see this movie and it confused them greatly.  They did not understand what a Tartar was, nor why Tartar’s wanted to kill Chinese.  So, I explained that the term Tartar, they know as “Cossack”.  Two of my daughters are Cossack and they were outraged to learn what the history was behind this movie.  They ransacked my house throwing everything away which was made in China, or if they liked the item – scratching off the Made in China label!

For me, I have always held that any country which uses Christians as slaves will not be a primary source for any item in my home.  Sorry China, I will not support the enslavement of my brothers and sisters!

So we watched the movie, Forbidden Kingdom.  I realize that this movie has been out for quite a while but I just had no money to see it.  However, that changed and we were able to see yet another Jackie Chan movie.  The kids love Jackie Chan.

It is your typical Kung Fu fantasy, which always cracks me up.  And unlike most such movies, I would actually recommend this one!  As long as you understand that movies and fantasy are not reality.  If you have a problem there, you probably should not be watching films or TV!

What I found most interesting is I found on the internet that one of the female main characters is a Christian!  Yeah, a Chinese Christian!  And actively supporting evangelism to one of the Chinese ethnic groups!

If this is true, I am amazed as this would be a difficult position for any Chinese in the public’s eye.  Their life must be very stressful when dealing with the government.  Or is Jackie Chan using the foreign film market to protect her?  Hmmmmm….

So, my heart felt congratulations to her and her stand.  My prayers for her safety and protection.  As you should as well!

China really has a horrible record on religious tolerance.

No comments: