Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worst of News

I was able to spend several hours with father, but no one was home.  He never came out of his coma and died during a change on his air hose - literally a two second ordeal.  But, by then most of his organs had already failed and the doctors had no hope of reviving him.  At least those whom loved him were at his side, my sister making it in an hour before hand.

To my heartbreak is that, barring a miracle of God, father never was willing to give his life to Jesus.  I hope that in his comatose state that magnificent brain of his was working through the delima and made the right choice.

I am ok.  This was a man whom, though my father, I had no relationship with since his disinheriting me in 1973 for becoming a Christian.  I had hoped in May to visit with him and try again to share the gospel - as I had in 2003.

How, so very sad, when a human life is lost.  And then more so for eternity.....

No comments: