Monday, February 8, 2010

Aftershave?

On Saturday’s I go to an art demonstration and lecture over in Seattle.  So, I steeled myself the typical, Kris will be the youngest one there again.  Doesn’t really matter where I go or in what venue, I am always the youngest one there.  I have found that if I sit in the back and stay really quiet - the gray hairs will leave me alone.  When I don’t, you would be amazed at the poor reactions I get from people (most only a few years older than me at best) if I sit up front and ask intelligent questions.  Sigh…..  People can be such dolts at times.

So, I did my usual, far right side, last row.  Then I noticed that people were sitting around me!  This was a real first.  Then I notice that they are all female and there are plenty of other seats.  What the heck?!  Finally, one of them, finding no seat within three of me, decides to sit on me!  Yeah, not like there were not other seats available, just that my lap looked so much more inviting I guess.

What the heck!?!?!?!!?

So, my European breeding kicked in and I surrendered my seat to the aggressive female and stood in the back.  Soon it was follow the leader time and those women were now standing around me, including the one whom claimed my lap!  Now add an older man, whom got in a pushing match with one of the ladies standing next to me and this was now almost some kind of comedy in the making.  There are plenty of seats, why is everyone standing by me?  And, Kris is getting a little anxious here as to what on earth is going on!

All of this made for watching the demonstration a little difficult.  I was able to get the main ideas out of what he was doing and how.  Which was what I wanted to know, but the darn females and the flake were making this very distracting!

I left and went to look at watercolor paper.

An hour on the road, as I headed for home, savoring a Starbucks ice tea, I was finally able to put the anxiety behind me and just relax.

I think I need to change my aftershave…..

No comments: