Monday, May 4, 2009

Squishy Plugs


I am really beginning to hate the application of technology to church services!  Yes, Kris is on his high horse and complaining about sound systems – again.

Mind you, half the people I know complain I must be deaf.  I am not, I just have an incredible ability to ignore.  Except, this past Sunday, the sound crew really had the system cranked up.  It was not only LOUD it was into the range of pain!

Luckily, when I was in Oregon last month, I had picked up some squishy ear plugs so that I could sleep as the hotel was very close to the freeway.  So, I just popped them in and the 30 decibel reduction made the sound level tolerable.

But, honestly, think about this:  I carry my squishy ear plugs to church because I expect my hearing to be assaulted by our sound system!

Now, let us pretend that you are a guest in my church.  You might, at first, think that crank up sound system is great but then you notice that people are putting in ear plugs.

I think that this should make a condemning statement to those into “sound” and “noise” as being a form of worship.  But, they are so wrapped up in their own world that they can not understand what your problem is.

This is not how it is supposed to be….. 

A power outage sure would turn our hearts back to God allowing us to worship and not have to spend out time putting in squishy ear plugs.

No comments: