Monday, June 7, 2010

A Week Went By?

Wow!  I was really surprised this morning to find I had not posted in a week!  Seems like my time is being gobbled up at every opportunity!  How ever did I manage to work 10 hour days before I got laid off?

Of course, I have an excuse.  Seems King Klutz went to Albertson's and was attacked by a six pack of Mountain Dew.  Who could believe that one?  But, yeah, it literally leapt off of the shelf and slammed into my right knee!  We are talking something really odd here as I was the only one on the aisle and I did not even touch the Mountain Dew.  Too weird.  But, it occurred with such force that I now have to have surgery on the knee - again - because it smashed up the joint pretty good.  Thank heaven for frozen bags of frozen corn so I could put it on ice immediately, my son having his learners permit so he could drive me home and a few pain killers left over from whatever my last disaster was.  Plus being able to find my knee brace - just when I needed it - that was a God thing.  I am still hoping for even a minor miracle here so I will not have to have surgery again.  It took three years to get past the last one.  Sigh.

I am still not really looking for work yet, still have to get past son's high school graduation next week and the accompanying invasion of family wanting to visit the northwest.  Plus I want some time to just unwind.  I am seriously thinking of a metal detecting trip to either eastern Oregon or Northern Idaho ghost towns right now.

And, next weekend one of my friends from high school is coming by for a visit with her husband.  I have not seen her since those trying days, so it might be fun to see how things have gone in her life.  I am also more than a little fearful of "Kris" stories, from the good old days, resurfacing and giving my children an interesting (er, wrong) perspective of their adopted father.  Cough-cough-cough.....

Well, have to go and get ready for more housework!

Oh, yeah, for my long time readers and friends, please be in prayer for the Swede.  He had a bit of misfortune and had to have some horrible surgery done last week.  It was the first in what will be an estimated three years of reconstructive surgeries and recovery periods.  See what happens when you retire?  You get yourself into all kinds of trouble.....

No comments: