Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hands Reaching Out


If, as I wrote about last time, my heart reaches up to God, this can only be a part of the picture of a Christian life and walk.  I must reach out to my fellow man as well.  But perhaps not in the direct manner you are thinking…..

There are so many ways to reach out to those around us, I could write a book concerning it, easily!  Not that you should be replicating me in the least!  Heavens, how God uses me has nothing to do with you.  But, it does apply to the example of the concept of living a 360 degree Christian life.

First, there is no such thing as luck or coincidence, there is only God guiding you towards opportunities or equally away from them!  If you understand my drift (wink, wink, nod, nod!).

So, when I am shopping for a house and decide I need something cold to drink late at night and walk up to a random store, what are the odds that there will be two people standing in front of that store in conversation, both in need of help?  Actually, not very good at all when you consider it turned out that I also had known them years ago.  And I had the solution to both of their problems.  Mind numbing unless you see God as providing the opportunities to serve Him through physical means.

I just wanted something cold to drink, God sure had other plans for me!  And interjected me into their lives as a blessing and witness of His works.

Yesterday, I had lunch with a co-worker from years ago.  She is dying from cancer, her third bout of being a stage 4.  No she is not a Christian, but she knows I am and God did allow me the opportunity to witness to her in a very off the wall manner.  Just a seed.  Maybe next week, next month, whenever, that seed will be watered by another and the harvest will be the Lord’s.  At least my prayer is for her to come under God’s Grace.  It physically makes me ill when I know someone whom has died and know they never could accept salvation.

Two random incidences, no preplanning, no agenda, just opportunities either be available or not.  I do try to reach out to my fellow man by making myself available when I stumble across opportunities such as I have cited.

Everyone has the ability to impact a life for Jesus.  Most important is prayer.  With opportunity to affect physical change, God will either provide through you or perhaps through someone you know.  But, the basis for this is prayer as well!

What do you think?

No comments: