Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Heck Of A Week…


Well, it certainly has been a heck of a week!  From finding out I am going to be a somewhat premature grandfather, to meeting the young man in question, to meeting with his families, to being roped into somehow doing a religious wedding…  

I would far rather older daughter not marry but she never will listen until it is way too late.  Sigh.

And the Lord works very mysteriously.  I received a two page email from a lady telling me of how she managed to do exactly what my daughter has done – right down to not listening to Papa – all the way through the divorce 5 years later and then onto today.

What you must understand is that she has known me for probably 15 years and I doubt said more than “eh” once to me!  But, at the rate of speed gossip spreads in a small town she had her email to me in under 12 hours from my hearing of the situation!

I never would have guessed her life’s story, I doubt more than maybe a few do know (otherwise everyone in this town would know!), but she felt strongly enough about the subject to write to me.

Why?

Because even though she knows that what OD is doing will head her straight to disaster – she has also been there herself and her summary points were this:

  • Tell her what is right and what is wrong. 
  • Respect her choice. 
  • Give her full support and love right up to and through the inevitable in a few years.

And I was humbled by how correct she is.  How mysterious the ways of the Lord.

No comments: