Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tonight’s Lesson


Tonight I taught on the verses dealing with us being the Temple of God, being crafted by God, that we are holy, etc.  It was a fascinating study.

At one point they wanted an example of how we are to live our lives differently than those whom surround us in culture.

I looked over at Kurt and asked if I could use him as an example, he said yes.

“Well, I work for a company by and large staffed by non-Christians.  I have gotten to know them very well during my years of telecons with them and I have to say that when one has a spouse whom is critically ill – well, it is so good-bye to that one…..”

There was this stunned silence.

“Now take Kurt here, his wife has been extremely ill with cancer for the past 4 years, and he has not left her!  Imagine the witness he has on those not only in this church, in his family, but amongst his co-workers and those of this community!  You know people are watching, people are questioning, people are thinking about this.”

Ok, that was the end of the lesson, everyone was in tears and many made short speeches to him as to what his faithfulness and love for his wife had meant to them.  Lots more tears, more testimonies, end of evening…..

Sure never went the way I had planned!

No comments: