Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pharmaceuticals

In 2003 my blood pressure went out of control and nothing worked to stabilize it!  Yeah, not a lot of fun there!  Seems every med they tried on me had unanticipated problems.  I guess I am just one in a million.  You know, if one person in a million will break out in a tatoo on their right cheek of Marilyn Monroe from some drug - yup, that will me.

Finally, my doctor started to think in terms of allergic reactions.  Was there a drug which had an allergic affect on blood pressure?  Without killing me of course!  And there was one which would severely drop one person in million's adrenaline, which would in turn help to drop my blood pressure.   And the idea worked wonderfully.

The med also had some other effects, like calming me down a great deal.  Which was good.  Of course, with four teenagers, it took a lot but they could still get to me (long after others would have been arrested for mass murder).  So added benefit!

Years later I was to be whacked by a medication interaction problem, which meant I had to get off of that one drug.  And the mess made of my mind - well will take months to swim out of.

As my mind becomes more clear, I find that Kris has not been the Kris I have known.  Reading through my computer I found lots of things I have written - some down right good, other I have no clue where I was coming from.  Blogging accounts and passwords I have no memory of.  Nothing I can find that was wrong but worrisome that I have no memory of them.  And no memory of internet friends I had made.  And that is the most worrisome.

What has Kris been up to?  No idea and no way to actually find out either.  Seems someone really did not like my blogs had committed themselves to destroying them every-time they were found.  I wonder whom I royally cheesed off so much that they whacked my accounts at least eight times from what I can find?  Interestingly, only a site dedicated to my grandmother and my metal detecting site survived.  Very weird.

I am still months away from being myself again.  Even I recognize that my mind is still clouded.  But, then again, it is nice to see the old Kris make an appearance now and again.  So, bear with me as I struggle to get normal for Kris (not you!) and if anyone wants to see my tattoo........

No comments: