Monday, December 1, 2008

Continuing Sagas


Recently I wrote of one of “my” boys whom had desired the pastorate only to find himself in jail for a crime he did not commit.  Due to good behavior, he was allowed out for a church visit today.  It was so exciting to see a very different young man in front of me.  Continue to keep this young man in your prayers – he has much to face and get back on track on.

Last year I wrote of one of “my” girls whom had come for a visit from college in California.  She had decided to move back home (really did not like California!), married a guy she knew in high school and stays in touch.  She miscarried last weekend.  She has always been emotionally weak – so although she denies it – probably needs some prayer as well.

Remember artist girl?  Her mother put her in exile in Arizona?  Her school I guess is changing greatly and she is not very happy at the moment.  Plus she slipped on the ice and greatly damaged a knee.  So, remember her as well.

As I write this, my “nephew’s” mother is staying here for a mini-vacation.  She needs much prayer as her marriage is failing (husband discovered drugs and alcohol!) and her son’s pending marriage is eating at her.  She blasts off tomorrow and is on better ground right now, but with the holidays, I suspect she will continue to need much prayer.  Especially over the next 40 days to the wedding.

All the home news I have for now!

No comments: