Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunday School


I think I mentioned before that I am back to teaching teenage Sunday School again.  As with all years, I offer to allow ANYONE to take over but again no one came forward to teach.  Naturally, the only time someone seems to want to take over is when I am in the middle of a series I think is important and they want to take over to play games.  Gees.

In any event, this is setting up to be an interesting year.  The kids are younger this time, mostly 15 and 16.  There are as many girls as there are boys.  They want to know about the Bible and missions!  This is a serious group and I am very surprised.

So, I have been teaching on Genesis, always a good place to start and involve their minds.  We have looked at the textual criticism and how it appears Genesis was put together – which leads to a very interesting discussion as to whom wrote which part!  Currently we are looking at the contrast between Chapter 1 and what man’s sciences teach.  Of course, evolution is not a basis for Swiss schooling but something they do hear about and definitely will when they hit college.  Next we will look at the concept of Eden and of course, the flood.

I am looking forward to a very interesting end of the year……

No comments: