Monday, June 29, 2009

Out Of Time

Tragedy generally strikes without any warning what so ever.  One of the reasons it is so import for us as Christians (no denomination here!  You either are one or you are not!) to reach those we love and know.

Of course, I am thinking of Michael Jackson.  I never have liked his music, his antics nor the roll he played in the press.  However, he was a long time friend of one of my friends, since their grade school days.  Her family was Baptist, his Jehovah Witness, but they still managed to get along.  In the end, I guess she had little impact on his spiritual search.

So many I have known, my father included, have made statements along the lines of, “I will decide before I die….” Or “I just have not found what I am looking for….”  Of course, most people have no clue when they are going to die, it sort of sneaks up on them.  And then, that is assuming you still have your mental faculties’ intact to even make any kind of decision!

As for Michael Jackson, well he was a human created in God’s image, he did have at least one Christian witness in his life, I feel really terrible for his inability to have “chosen wisely”.  More so for his family and children.  And for my friend’s loss of one of her childhood friends.

I really do hope his family will open their Bibles and reconsider Martin Luther’s discovery of Grace Alone being the lone requirement for anyone’s salvation – while there is still time…..

No comments: