Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A Question of Faith


I will admit this past month was a real low point for me in over three years.  Between work, family and church politics – life has not been easy.  And, as I approached the holiday season my faith was severely shaken by the antics of my children.  Yes, I understand they have wills and choices to make, but somehow I had become complacent they would be protected even from themselves.  Best laid wishes of a father.

Last night, as I lay sleepless yet again, I thought on this.  I was reminded of the many miracles I have witnessed in my walk as a Christian.  How during some of my darkest hours – for instance - behind the Iron Curtain, God was there protecting me, leading me and showing His might against those whom would oppose His Word and its spread.

In essence, which is harder for God: to keep me out of the clutches of the GDU or to wrest my children from the poison of culture?  To three times remove me from KGB holding or protect my daughter no matter the means?  To heal me of cancer or to give me what I need day to day to make it through?

Obviously, nothing is any harder for God than the next; the question is how hard we make it for God to work around us.  I may want to slam the lid down on troubled daughter – but in my spirit I know this will only lead to further rebellion.  She needs to be lovingly drawn back to Him, not alienated into the arms of culture.  This is going to be hard!

So here is to 2007, Kris letting go, Kris once again on crutches to walk by faith, Kris thankful for those whom God has provided, Kris … yah, getting his act together.

No comments: